Sunday, April 30, 2023

Full Circle

 Consider where you are at this moment in time.  If you were to review your life today, what kind of grade would you give yourself?  It's possible we may have much in common.  As for me, I find myself in a series of circles similar to the circle of life.  The deeper I dig into the mystery of the universe, the more I see these circles.

If you have any doubts you are a spiritual being, maybe my own life will inspire you to go on some kind of quest.  Here goes, beginning with the small circle of my geographic journey...

I grew up in Arizona.  My dad's dad, a primary care physician who raised his family in North Dakota, moved to the Valley of the Sun for health reasons.  I never knew what the Midwest was all about until I fell in love with an Iowa native who exported herself to Arizona in order to escape the bitter Winters.  We moved to Southern California and remained there for twenty-two years.  Then it happened.  My wife felt a calling to return home to her Midwest roots.  Although many of my friends predicted I would not thrive, I too found the place where I truly belong.

The geographic circle of my life pales in comparison to my spiritual journey.  I uncovered something out of this world when I was prompted by a visitor to our house of worship to ask a very personal question.  I followed the advice of this stranger and asked Jesus to show me who I am before "randomly" opening my Bible to look in the mirror and see myself in one of the ancient characters.  It turns out my circle of life journey brought me back to a cave dweller possessed with multiple demons who was a castaway from society.  This was my Tom Hanks moment from the movie, CASTAWAY.  

Circles have no beginning and no end.  Neither does the one I follow, the Alpha and the Omega.  Good luck trying to figure that one out.  The good news is all of us are connected to the circle.  Even when we think we have come full circle, as long as we are in this world we will not fully experience the reality of who we really are.  I challenge you to find your connection.  Have a great day.

No comments: