Tuesday, December 14, 2021

The Waiting Game

 Remember when you were a kid and you couldn't wait for summer vacation?  Or Santa Claus?  I still feel this way sometimes as an adult.  Waiting is challenging.  I'm waiting for my artist to finish my illustrations for "The Adventures of Castaway Wilson."  I'm waiting for some really amazing vacations in 2022.  And I can't wait to share my next books with you.

What is the best way to wait?  A wait and see approach leaves you on the sidelines.  I prefer action.  Action puts you in the arena.  It seems to accelerate time because you're moving.  

God plays a different kind of waiting game with us.  He knows the best timing for everything.  I'm working on trusting his timing rather than my own.  This is not easy for me.  Maybe the "Bible in a Year" that I'm attempting for 2022 will help me better understand the waiting game.  The biggest secret God is keeping is when he is planning on sending his Son to us.  As kids, we all knew when Santa was visiting.  Well, it's not that simple with Jesus.  How are you doing with waiting for Jesus?  Have a great day.

No comments: