Sunday, December 5, 2021

Hide and Seek

 Hide and Seek is supposed to be a children's game.  I've been playing a form of this game most of my adult life with God.  This is how the game is going... I hide and God seeks me.  I think I discovered my motivation for hiding.  It's safe.  I'm learning something about my life.  God doesn't like safe.  He desires vulnerability.  All I can say is I'm glad God seeks me even in the dark times when I feel like hiding under a rock.

There are many Iowa football fans who are hiding today.  We didn't just lose a football game last night.  A loss would have been hard to swallow.  No, it was much worse.  We were completely destroyed.  It will be hard to recover from this because losses like this are excruciating.  Hiding allows protection from the humiliation.  

Maybe this a good time for my Iowa friends to turn the page and seek something other than football.  There is a team that never gives up even though we don't always see what is going on during the game of life.  This is ultimate Hide and Seek.  Go ahead.  Try to hide from God.  He will seek you until the end of time.  All he wants is for you to allow him to find you and love you.  He sacrificed his only Son for you so that you can be found.  Have a great day.

No comments: