Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Taking a Mulligan on the 36th Hole

These last 36 months playing "Par for the Course" have been intense.  I originally planned to complete the game by the end of this month.  I need 2.5 months of Mulligans (do-overs) to complete what began as a three year quest to retire over $100,000 of mortgage debt.  The final payment will include over $900 of free money from my credit card company.  It's strange to be beating the banks at their own game.  

Par for the Course can be applied to any area of your life.  I'm planning on applying my lessons learned to my boldest goal for 2022 – Reading the Bible in one year.  I'm using the remaining time in this year to set myself up for success.  The first months are the toughest.  Any time you are developing a new skill or habit you will suffer setbacks.  I ordered a color-coded Bible complete with a matching color-coded study guide.  Also, I signed up for a podcast to help me listen to the Bible.  Binge watching two seasons of The Chosen is also helping me to get in the right mood to embrace the Word of God, the most powerful love story ever created.  

If you care to join me on the journey, I will be sharing my progress throughout the year.  Have a great day.

No comments: