Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Morning After

I had this eerie feeling in my gut when I heard the weather forecast calling for straight-line winds up to 70mph with tornado warnings for our state.  The storm was due to strike just after my late night tennis night last night.  My wife cautioned me to get home before the storm hit.  I felt my odds were better inside the steel building where we play indoor tennis.

The sirens went off about ten minutes after we began our 8pm session.  Tree branches struck the outside of the building while the sirens blared.  We played for two hours and wrapped up after the winds calmed down enough to make driving home plausible.  Overturned semis dotted the interstate.  Our hometown was completely dark.  The only light on our street was from a battery operated wreath that served as a beacon of hope.  

We regained our power in the middle of the night.  Today we return to normal.  I would like to thank my friends and family for praying for us and our community.  Have a great day. 

No comments: