Sunday, January 20, 2019

The Travel Bug



I spoke to woman yesterday who spent a year traveling all over Europe.  "How did you do it?"  I asked.

"I camped," she replied.

Once you've been bitten by the travel bug, the worst thing you can do is sit at home and make excuses.  There's always a way to explore new places if you're willing to challenge yourself and get creative.  One of my best memories from last year was a camping trip with our daughter to the Cascades in Washington.  We found a grocery store along the way that had everything we needed for our experience and it didn't break the bank.

If you're afraid of catching the travel bug, you may wish to stop following this blog.  Even the words on the page are highly contagious.  I'm pretty sure I shall be happily infected until the end of my life and this bug has already spread to my wife and our adult children.  The best remedy I know for treatment is frequent travel.  As for me and my family, there won't be any excuses.  Have a great day.

No comments: