Friday, January 11, 2019

Play Par for the Course and Win


Today's message is for anyone who wants to have more fun achieving their goals.  I'm using the game, Par for the Course, to help me win financial independence.  It works for any area of your life.  Let's say your goal is to sleep 8 hours a day.  Set up a virtual golf course with 36 holes, one for each day.  Every morning when you wake up, give yourself a par for the day if you slept 8 hours.  Less than 8 hours results in a bogey for that hole.  The idea is to keep playing the game until you can make par 36 days in a row.  Whola!  Now you have a new habit.  Don't give up until the habit is formed and the bogeys are gone.

Are you working on weight reduction?  Play virtual golf.  The nine hole version is for small goals, like eating a salad a day for nine days in a row.  No salad = a bogey for the day.  Keep playing until you go nine days in a row with no bogeys.  Don't worry about the scale.  Focus on your food choices, one at a time.

You can modify Par for the Course to fit any goal you're working on.  My personal game is set up for 36 months with a goal to take a swing on every pay day.  I get two strokes for months with two paychecks and three strokes for the months with three paychecks.  A stroke is a payment to my mortgage company above the required payment amount.  For me, par is when my strokes match my desired goal for the month.  I'm happy to report today's first stroke landed on the green and I'm on target to meet my January goal.  There are 76 swings remaining on my quest to pay off my mortgage.  I promise to keep playing this game until I master debt reduction.  How about you?  Can you modify this game to fit an area of your life you would like to improve?  Let me know if this works for you.  Have a great day.

No comments: