Saturday, January 19, 2019

Fine Tuning Your Goals



If your goals are still alive today, congratulations.  You are now on day 19.  Remember, it takes about 30 days to make a habit permanent which means your new year resolutions are still in the danger zone.  One way to survive this critical time is to focus on fine tuning your goals.  I'm working on debt reduction and putting my daily spending under a microscope allows me to zero in on what's necessary to hit my monthly targets..  Daily spending is tracked online by my credit card company and I make sure not to exceed preset dollar amounts that are set up in two week increments.  It's like zeroing in a radio station that's coming in fuzzy.  If I start losing the signal, I know I need to make adjustments to get rid of the static.  The static happens to be all the temptations that appear when you let your guard down.

Don't worry if fine tuning isn't coming naturally for you.  It takes practice.  Keep asking yourself why your goals are important to you and don't give up.  You can do this.  Have a great day.

No comments: