Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year


This is day one of a year filled with unlimited possibilities.  I'm thankful you're here today to visit.  I promised I would share more about a game I'm playing to help me reach my goal of financial independence.  The game can be modified to fit your own goals in any area of your life you're working on.  The rules are simple – have fun and don't quit until you win.  I call the game – Mulligan's Par for the Course.  The way you play the game is you invite your opponent out to the virtual golf course and play nine holes.  Let's say your opponent is weight loss.  You must size up your opponent and assign the specific number of pounds you are going to take away from him in the next nine holes.  Each month is a hole.  You make par when you reach your weight loss goal for that month.  Give yourself a bogie if you miss and a birdie if you release more pounds than the required amount.  Track your performance for nine holes and play again if you want to continue losing weight for the next nine months.  If you come out with more bogeys than you like, keep playing the same course over and over until you win.

I already know I need to be on this nine hole virtual golf course four times for a total of 36 months.  My mortgage company has no idea what I'm up to.  They have their own game and it looks more like a deranged revision of Monopoly where they keep winning all my money and I keep landing in jail.  Many other players I know are also losing.  They falsely believe they can't get out of jail for 30 years.  There are those who will never escape because they're playing a game called "interest only."  The banks win and these players lose.

I believe every opponent can be defeated.  You need time and will power.  Can you spare the next nine months of your life to play Mulligan's Par for the Course?  The game is still in development and I would love your feedback if you decide to give this a try.  Remember, this – it's all about continuous improvement.  There will be months when you find yourself in a sand trap or you're under water.  Keep playing.  Every day matters.  Every month matters.  I realize I may need to play more than 36 months to finally knock my opponent out of my life forever but that's okay.    What matters is I'm making a commitment to play this game until I win.  Let me know what you think.  Give yourself nine months and see if this game works for you.  Have a great day and a Happy New Year.

No comments: