Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The Positive in the Negative


It's been seven years since my new life began in the Midwest.  Those who were making bets I wouldn't survive may be shocked to see how I adapted to my new surroundings.  The temps may be in the negative for a while but my own attitude will forever stay on the positive side.  There is so much to be thankful for.  The sunsets and the sunsets are glorious with the pristine snow blanketing the fields around me.  The photo for today's story is a sunrise shot looking out over my backyard.  My friends at Ace Hardware helped me with the supplies I needed to rig a temporary solution when the washing machine drain froze yesterday.  Other than that challenge, the house is holding up well in the extreme conditions.

Life is an adventure.  I'm not waiting to get to the top of the mountain to enjoy it.  There are so many blessings along the way that I often find I'm pinching myself to see if all of this is real.  There aren't any tracks in the snow this morning.  They're all covered up from the last storm.  That means it's time to make my own tracks today and go out into the world to see what's awaiting.  If it's anything like the sunrise, it's going to be a great day.  We are all preparing for our coldest day ever tomorrow.  I've never seen a sunrise at -55º with the windchill but I have a feeling it's going to be one I will never forget.  Have a great day.

No comments: