Friday, January 25, 2019

It's a Par on First Hole of Debt Reduction


Mr. ABC Mortgage banker is showing signs of stress today.  I told myself the first hole on the virtual debt reduction course was going to be the hardest because I'm a rookie playing against one of the most challenging opponents of all times and my opponent knows my weaknesses.  Debt reduction is serious business.  I set up a 36 month plan to win financial freedom and previewed all the potential problem areas where I could easily get off course and fail early.  That's why I put so much energy into hole number one.  The first hole is like going to work on Monday.  You may feel out of sync after a weekend of fun and the last thing you want to do is think about debt reduction.  Where's the fun?  The next weekend seems so far away on a Monday.  I went to bed early on New Year's Eve to prevent the hangover at the start of the game.  It's all mental.  As Vince Lombardi says, "winning is a habit.  Unfortunately, so is losing."  I wanted my first two strokes of the game to come in at par and today I sunk the putt.  Hole number one is complete.

Mr. ABC Mortgage banker hopes I will go back to my old ways soon before my winning habits become a permanent lifestyle.  My goal is to keep improving as I go and not worry if I encounter unexpected challenges during the game.  It just so happens that New Year's Eve, 2021, falls on a Friday.  Yes, it seems really far away but I'm already thinking about how much fun that day is going to be for my wife and me if I don't give up on debt reduction.  The only one with the hangover will be Mr. ABC Mortgage banker.  Have a great day.

No comments: