Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Chip Shot for Debt Reduction


Want to be a winner at debt reduction?  Visualize yourself playing golf.  Every hole is a step towards financial freedom.  Each time you pay down or pay off a debt, you're sinking a putt.  I'm using the chip shot in my virtual debt reduction game to improve my odds of success.  The idea of the chip shot is to make a series of controlled swings in order to get as close to the target as possible and make par (payment above requirement) every month until financial freedom is achieved.  In my situation, I believe I can do this if I can make par every month over a period of 36 months.  My virtual golf course has 31 par two months and five par three months based on the number of paychecks for each month.

The chip shot may not seem like much at first glance.  The way I see it, the value of most months in my virtual debt reduction game only amounts to about 2.5% of my mortgage debt.  That seems like a minuscule amount.  That's where the chip shot becomes so valuable.  As long as I keep playing and get close to par every month by making additional payments above the required amount,  I will win financial independence in three years.  It's all about chipping, chipping and more chipping until the game is over.  Give chipping a try and play the game to win financial independence.  Have a great day.

No comments: