Monday, July 17, 2023

The Big Boss is Coming on Sunday

 News spread quickly there's a new sheriff in town at my house of worship who hails from Africa.  He announced at the conclusion of our service yesterday that he wants all of us to worship at 10:30 AM next Sunday when the big boss visits.  This is the same boss I met when my wife and I signed up to go on a ten day pilgrimage to Ireland last fall.  It's the same boss who plans to ride his bike across Eastern Iowa on the 50th anniversary of Ragbrai.  I will do my best to keep up with him during the bike ride.  The good news for me is there will be a series of rest stops along the way where followers can worship at designated houses of worship.

I recall watching a YouTube video about the challenges going on in the spiritual realm.  The speaker talked about specific people who are public enemy number one on the Dark Side.  In my opinion, the bishop of our area could possibly be at the top of the list.  Why?  Because our bishop is as humble as they come.  The Dark Side can't stand this.  They are baffled.  How could Jesus entrust the keys to the Kingdom to a mere mortal?  This has been going on for over 2,000 years and so far the line of succession remains unbroken all the way to our bishop.  

While in Ireland I had several conversations with our bishop.  At some point I told him I believe he has a target on his back.  This is the guy the Dark Side fears the most.  This is the guy who has the ultimate power to forgive sins.  He doesn't hold on to this power because it's not really meant for him, it's to be shared with the leaders of our denomination.  The new sheriff in town has this power to forgive that can be traced all the way back to Jesus.  Sadly, over 80% of all households in our country refuse to worship regularly.  Every day there's a new attack.  Every day a new denomination pops up.  We have never been this divided.  

The new sheriff in town preached about what Jesus said of the sower of seeds yesterday.  Most seeds die before the harvest.  My prayer today is that those who rejected the message come back and give the new sheriff a try.  My prayer is that when the big boss comes he will be welcomed by the flock.  After all, the big boss has a Bigger Boss.  When the Bigger Boss returns to get his keys to the Kingdom back, I hope he counts you as one of the seeds that got planted in fertile soil.  Have a great day.  


No comments: