Sunday, July 2, 2023

How I Became a Deep Sea Fisher of Men

If there are any bragging rights here, they go to Jesus.  I don't believe for one second that anything I'm reporting here is a result of my own efforts.  I can only take credit for one thing, asking Jesus a simple direct question.   The answer forever changed the course of my life.  The answer spawned "The Caveman in the Mirror," a fictional account of my own life from a parallel universe perspective.  Even my good friend, Mr. Spock, cannot explain what happened to me the moment my whole life, past, present, and future, unveiled in a Bible story penned over 2,000 years ago, became stranger than fiction.  It's also the very moment Jesus spoke directly to me and gave me everything I need to do what he asks of me – "Go and publish all the good I am doing for you."

The area where I reside is top-heavy with creative writers.  Any one of these authorities may deem my work as coloring outside the lines.  It's unconventional.  I'm untrained.  There are flaws in my sentence structures.  Sometimes, most of the time, I ramble.  Maybe I should have opted out of the line to the Blarney Stone where the gift of gab is bestowed.  There's no turning back.  I'm all in.  

You're now in paragraph three.  You're annoyed because you want to know the question I asked Jesus and I'm my fingers are still blabbering all over my keyboard.  Maybe it's because you are the one lost at sea and you're the one who told Jesus you would rather be caught dead than get caught up in all of this Malarkey.  Funny thing, though – you're reading this.  Here we are, you and me and you are perhaps thousands of miles away and yet we're together at this moment.  You have questions.  I probably don't have the answers.  You're annoyed.  Maybe you're angry.  Maybe you're bitter.  Maybe you're confused.  You could even be in denial about this Jesus I feature in my daily stories.  All I can say is I'm an untrained, unskilled believer who found Jesus.  I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.  He is real.  He is more than capable of reaching you at the very moment you ask him to meet you.  The hook is in front of you right now.  I know.  I know.  You really don't want to bite.  You're afraid your life will change.  I agree.  It will.  Your friends may freak out.  So what?  What do you have to lose?

The life-changing question I asked Jesus isn't really important to you.  What's important is that Jesus answer your questions.  I'm only chumming the waters for you so you can get closer to this Jesus who died for you because that's how much he loves you.  Have a great day.

No comments: