Saturday, July 22, 2023

Tightening the Belt

 I'm on the last belt notch.  The nice thing about this is the belt is getting tighter rather than looser, something that rarely happens in the 60+ age group.  While it may be easy to blame the food industry for America's excessive weight gain and poor health, I choose not to.  We have our own free will.  No one is forcing us to buy what the food industry is selling.  

The issue I have is with the marketing side of the business.  Follow the money and you will see why most people in my age group are loosening their belts.  It has to do with fake foods marketed as the best thing since sliced bread.  By the way, in my opinion, sliced bread is no bueno.  

Pay attention to the food labels.  If you prefer not to read the fine print, skip processed foods altogether and stick with foods that have no labels.  No labels equals no fake ingredients.  What do you have to lose?  My bet is you will lose all those extra pounds around your belly.  Have a great day.

No comments: