Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Do you remember the song, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," by the Beatles?  It's about picturing yourself in a boat on a river or on a train in a station, and you meet a girl with kaleidoscope eyes.  Some say John Lennon's creativity was drug induced and that may be the case.  I prefer John's story about Lucy as a response to his son's school drawing featuring one his friends, Lucy, who young Julian pictured up in the sky with diamonds.

I may not be picturing myself on a boat or on a train, but rather in a self-contained mobile home on wheels that transports my wife and me to magical places throughout the United States and beyond.  Lucy, the name for our future second home on wheels, may only be a dream I'm seeing through kaleidoscope eyes.  Yesterday I created the "Lucy file" to keep notes about how Lucy will be created.  Creating her is similar to writing books.  First, there is a dream.  Next, there is a step by step process of stitching ideas together into chapters.  Gradually, the dream becomes tangible.  When you see "Lucy in the sky with diamonds," make sure you pay attention to the beautiful lady seated in the co-pilot's chair, the one who married the man with enough dreams to fill a yellow submarine to full capacity.  I hope my co-pilot is as fond of Lucy and that she loves Lucy as much as I do.  I will be sharing stories about Lucy's progress along the way.  Have a great day.

No comments: