Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Congrats to my Friend, Erin


 We are probably all in agreement that our world is in a hot mess right now and it's been that way for quite some time.  My friend, Erin, knows exactly what I'm talking about.  She is dealing with her second bout with cancer and this time it's stage IV.  The reason I'm offering her my praise today is because of the way she is dealing with the cards that were dealt to her.  She is very much alive.

Erin invited me to watch a play where she is the lead actress.  I've been wanting to see her on stage for a long time but the pandemic makes travel a big challenge, especially because she resides in New York City, a place where COVID-19 made it's presence known in a big way.  Well, that hasn't stopped Erin.  The show must go on.  Her team found a creative way to get around all the roadblocks.  All of her actors put on a live stream play last night and each actor performed from his or her home.  

I'm posting a snippet that I shot from my cell phone of her live performance from last night.  Way to go, Erin.  You are my hero.  Have a great day.

No comments: