Thursday, January 27, 2022

50 Days to Go

My wife and I are on final approach.  We have fifty days until touchdown.  Those who know me as a writer understand that what I share is based on my experiences.  I don't really write chapters, I live them.  The financial part of my life could easily be titled, "War and Peace."  The emphasis is on the war part.  This flight we're aboard is our freedom flight and we're finally going to be on the ground on our favorite day of the year – St. Patrick's Day.  Looking down, I see many people who landed safely.  They found a way to retire all debt including their mortgages.  They all have their own stories.  The skies around me are crowded and air traffic control is busy.   There have been many times when I doubted that this flight would end well.  I feared running out of fuel and crash landing.  That's what happens when your finances are out of control.

If you've ever been on a scary flight, maybe you got this helpless feeling inside that you're really not in control.  The captain tells you there is turbulence ahead and you need to buckle your seat belt.  Maybe you heard him say there is a problem with the plane.  I understand how all this feels.  I also understand God is in control of my flight path.  He does desire for all of us to be free of our debts to sin.  This is only possible through his Son.  I'm landing because I turned everything over to God, including my finances.  Stay tuned for the rest of the story.  Have a great day.


No comments: