Saturday, January 22, 2022

Technology Obstacle

 There is no doubt we live in a broken world.  We worship in separate houses of worship.  We are divided politically.  The pandemic is getting inside our heads as well as our bodies.  I don't know about you, but to me, there are only a few places I can turn to for encouragement.  I cut the cable to help me keep my sanity several years ago.  We use YouTube for entertainment.  Recently, we discovered a series that is not from Hollywood called The Chosen.  All funding was crowd sourced.  It's all about Jesus.  The first season showed up on YouTube and all was well.  The producer decided to launch an his own app for season two.  That was a roadblock for me because I'm not tech savvy.  I bought a fire stick and set it up for streaming from my phone to the TV and it worked so well that I binge watched all of episode two in one week.

I'm at another standstill now as a fight broke out between a couple of tech giants and one of them shut down my fire stick for streaming The Chosen.  I'm watching again, this time with my wife.  Well, this technology obstacle is preventing me from streaming.  I'm searching for a solution while my streaming ability is on hold.  This is yet one more sign our world is broken.  Sorry for the rant.  It's just how it is and all I want to do is enjoy my new favorite series.  Have a great day.

No comments: