Sunday, January 30, 2022

The Lucky Ticket

 Our employee club at my day job has been in a quandary since the pandemic started.  Because the money we pay to be in the club is considered as a donation for tax purposes and we are not allowed to have large company functions which are paid for with these contributions, many feel jolted since the funds cannot be refunded.  Kudos to our team for finding a way to help the employees win.  The food truck they hired yesterday was a success and within company guidelines.  The prizes were out of this world.  I stuck around after my shift ended last night to witness the $15,000 giveaway.  Organizers went big, really big.  I walked away with a wine rack and a wine cooler.  This will fit nicely in our basement.  We may not be able to have large gatherings at my day job right now but I can assure you I will have a nice assortment of wine choices should you visit our home.  I'm thankful for the lucky ticket and for the committee who put this event together.  Have a great day.

No comments: