Sunday, January 2, 2022

Do You Have a Strategy for Achieving Your Goals?

 It's day two of the new year.  Sadly, many have already broken the resolutions they made.  If this sounds familiar, please stay with me.  I like to accomplish tasks in teams to keep me on track.  Why not participate with me and make this year different from all the previous years?  It's only day two.  The best time to right the ship is at the beginning of the journey.  Imagine you booked a cruise to paradise and to get there all you have to do is stay on the ship.  That's what your goals are – the game plan you set up to get to paradise.

I mentioned yesterday that my top priority for this year is to journey through the Bible cover to cover.  Some may accuse me of cheating because I'm not really reading it, I'm listening to it.   The narrator reminds me of a James Earl Jones type of voice except his voice is an octave or two higher.  It's soothing, like how a mother knows how to calm her child.  In fact, my mother spends her free time watching videos from the narrator.

Whatever your goals are for the new year, please don't give up.  Ask yourself why you made the goal and decide you won't give up under any circumstances.  If you fall down, get back up.  Correct yourself.  I'm thrilled that my wife is joining me on our one year goal to do the Bible in a Year podcast. Go back to my January 1 story for the podcast link if you would like to join me.  If you haven't made any new goals for this year, commit today to jump in.  The only way you can grow is by stretching yourself out of your comfort zone.  Have a great day.

No comments: