Thursday, January 6, 2022

70 Days to Go

I'm starting to get excited.  There are now 70 days to go to reach my most elusive life goal of achieving financial independence.  My track record looks like an EKG reading from a sick patient having a heart attack.  There are more peaks and valleys showing up than a Lewis and Clark expedition.  That's okay.  I can see the summit now.  The air is thin.  It's cold outside.  The closer I get the more my confidence grows.  

I don't know what it feels like to wake up knowing you are no longer a slave to debt.  I do know how these debt burdens can weigh you down.  More importantly, I'm learning to finish challenging tasks.  Although this has been a lifetime goal, the last three years have been a time of great focus.  I've learned to have discipline in my life.  This same discipline is now being used for new goals, like completing the Bible in a year.  Any worthwhile goal needs daily attention.  It's helpful to surround yourself with people who want you to cross the finish line.  I would like to thank my wife for being there every day.  The finish line is almost within reach.  Stay tuned.  Have a great day.

No comments: