Friday, January 21, 2022

Day 21 of Bible in a Year Offers Hope

New Goals are like seedlings.  You plant the seeds when you set your goals.  For most, those seedlings don't last long after they sprout.  Your goals need attention, especially in the first weeks.  I'm on day 21 of my top goal for 2022 and it hasn't been easy.  Yes, I'm giving attention to the daily podcasts.  The challenge is in the Bible stories.  They are filled with scandals, family trauma, and nonstop challenges.  Don't we all suffer this already in our daily lives?  There have been days when I walked away feeling a sense of trouble in my heart.  

The good news finally arrived on day 21.  Keep in mind that the family tree in the Old Testament is the very family tree that Jesus came from.  Maybe that's the point.  Perhaps Jesus wants us to know we are all in this together.  None of us are exempt from daily troubles.  What matters is that we help each other get through our challenges.  If someone you know plants a seed, help them out.  Offer encouragement.  Whatever you do, please don't trample on their fields.  We need more farmers.  I'm doing my best to help my seedlings stay alive.  That's a challenge when the outside temps are like today, -13º not counting the winds.  The only thing I have going for me right now is twenty-one straight days of keeping my seedlings alive.  It's not too late to plant your own seeds.  Who says you can only make goals on January 1?  If you care to join me, here is a link to the podcast I'm listening to.  It's twenty minutes a day including commentary.  Warning!  The first 21 days are a challenge.  If you make it to day 21, you have a good chance of a bumper crop.  Here's the link.  Click here.  Have a great day.

No comments: