Monday, June 27, 2016

Next Epic Challenge – the Honey Do List


The familiar answer when you ask the famous athletes what's next after they win the Super Bowl is "I'm going to Disneyland."  I'm not famous and I'm not a professional athlete but I do have my own personal challenge to accomplish after winning our state championship match on Saturday.  It may not be as exciting as Disneyland but to Mrs. Caveman it's as good as any e-ticket ride at the Magic Kingdom.  It's her honey do list.  I didn't waste any time getting started after our team match on Saturday and if all goes well this week's list will be complete before I head back to the late shift at my day job today.  It's all about home improvement.   Yesterday it was laying bricks in the front of our home and hacking away massive weeds in our backyard resembling something from Jack and the Beanstalk.  This morning it's doing laundry and  installing a new storm door.  The associate at Lowe's asked me if I'd like an installer to come out.  I looked back at him and flexed my muscles.  I think he was laughing under his breath.  Maybe he heard about my first project in wood shop.  That's okay.  I don't give up.  The Karate Kid had Mr. Miyagi to mold him into a champion.  I have Mrs. Caveman.  Next week it will be "wax on, wax off."  The honey do list is my epic challenge.  What's yours?  Have a great day.

No comments: