Sunday, June 12, 2016

Need Some Healing Today?


I read an interesting quote this morning about meditating.  The point is to meditate twenty minutes per day unless you're too busy.  If you're too busy, then meditate sixty minutes per day.  How many times do you give up on your passions because you fill up your days with time-wasting activities?  How did fun drop off your priority list?  When was the last time you were with people who made you laugh?  I bet your brokenness can be traced to a spirit in need of healing.  The remedy is simple – play more, laugh more and be joyful.  Meditate on that for twenty minutes a day, unless you're too busy, then you need to bump it up to sixty minutes.  The solution is within you.

There was a time in my life when I was too scared to look within.  It meant facing tough challenges and it was easier to fill up my days with work in order to avoid introspection.  The root of all my problems came down to one thing – fear of loss.  Running away from fear also meant running away from play, laughter and joy.  I was a workaholic.  The key word is "was."  I let go.  The world didn't come to an end.  In fact, my play time doubled recently because I re-arranged my priorities.  My vacation time also doubled.  It was easy to find laughter.  All I needed to do was reconnect with the people in my life who also enjoy laughter.  As for my spirit, all I needed was to quit looking in the rear view mirror.  There is so much in this world to be joyful about if you're willing to look around.  Today is your day to get some healing in your life.  Play more.  Laugh more.  Be joyful.  Have a great day.  Have a great life.

No comments: