Tuesday, June 14, 2016

How to Know if Your Current Food Program is Working


Be careful when asking others about what's best to eat, especially if they have over-sized bellies, take medication to keep their blood pressure and/or cholesterol under control or if they are suffering from diabetes, arthritis or any other food related illnesses.  Their prescription medicine is really no more than a permission slip to keep eating the very foods causing trouble.  Please don't look to me for advice – I was one of "those" people in the danger zone and I got it all wrong.  My numbers were off the charts and I thought my diet wasn't all that bad.  What you don't know about food can kill you.  My advice is to talk with your doctor about anything health related.  Today's story is really about awareness.  Your best way to measure your current program is to look at your weight, your lipid panels and your grocery list.  All three are related.  A great grocery list can help improve your lipid panels.  Your weight will improve when you cut out foods with a label and concentrate on fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds.  Try this for 45 days and weigh the results against your current food program.  Do this under your doctor's supervision to monitor any big changes to your medicine needs.  Have a great day.


No comments: