Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Letter to Destiny


Dear Destiny,

Thanks for waiting for me.  Forgive me for dragging my feet for so long.  Those excuses I was hauling around for all those years really slowed me down.  What a burden they were to hold on to.  I know you've been hearing the same old story for eons.  I can't speak for anyone else today but I want you to know I'm finally ready for our date.  I cleared my mind, I stopped eating all the wrong foods and I got my body in shape.  I'm ready.

Thank you, Destiny, for all the people you put in my life, past, present and future.  These people are an important part of my life and I'm grateful for every one of them.  Some bring me incredible joy.  Others bring lessons.  I hear you knocking at the door.  I'm ready now.  It's time.  Let's go.  Show me the way.

Fondly,

Michael

No comments: