Sunday, January 19, 2014

Walk This Way


So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.  For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. ~ Galatians 5:16-18

There is something special about the road less traveled.  Perhaps I find my road interesting because I'm not the one in charge of navigating and every morning when I wake up I can expect one thing – my day will be filled with surprises.  That's what happens when you walk "in the Spirit."  Here are some examples:
  • When you walk in the Spirit, you are often times way outside your comfort zone.  This puts you in a position to grow and learn.
  • When you walk in the Spirit, you find yourself in a state of conflict – choosing options for your sole benefit or working on ideas that benefit others.  The Spirit is always nudging you to let go of your pride and spend more time advancing the Kingdom.
  • When you walk in the Spirit, there's never any moss growing under your feet.  The Spirit requires action.  The Spirit inspires you to want to walk, no matter how challenging the climate may be.
  • When you walk in the Spirit, everything makes sense.  You discern how all the parts of the puzzle fit together.  The Spirit is always willing to reveal your puzzle if you're willing to let the Spirit guide you and you trust that God's ways are infinitely superior to your ways.
I live my life in joyful expectation that Jesus is preparing a place for all who desire to be with Him forever.  I find inspiration in the people around me who keep walking even when they appear to be in challenging situations.  Perhaps these are the ones who understand the joys of the road less traveled.  What are your thoughts about walking in the Spirit?

No comments: