Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Special Message For Jeff G. and All My Classmates from SHS

Dear Jeff,

I read your sad news last night about your best friend from our beloved class of '78.  You have my prayers and condolences.  It's times like these when we ask ourselves, "why?"  Your recollections of your friendship with Scott and shared memories of our times in high school remind all of us of the importance of our relationships.


Like you, I chose a member of our class to be my best man and best friend.  I'm thankful for our group.  Although I live far away from the place where we shared four years together, I still feel a strong connection and it hurts when I get news a fellow Viking has departed.

Scott's spirit will always be with us.  Just like Nancy, who left us after her battle with brain cancer, and another Scott from SHS who was my first doubles partner.  I still imagine them hitting tennis balls on our old tennis courts and can't believe they are gone.

Stay strong in your faith, Jeff.  The day will come when each of us will joyfully reunite with friends and family who are waiting for us on the other side.  Scott's work is done.  He taught us how to laugh.  I remember his positive attitude in high school.  May his soul rest in peace.  May his family and friends be comforted knowing that Scott played every quarter of his life to the best of his ability and that a Sun Devil has fifty-yard line seats in Heaven so he can watch over us.  Yes, he is cheering for you Jeff, and for your sons and your daughter who have amazing lives ahead of them.  I hear him yelling from above, "Do the work."

May God bless you and all who are missing Scott and may his memory live on in our hearts.

Your classmate,

Michael aka Miguelito Saltón

No comments: