Sunday, January 5, 2014

Send in the Penguins – A Tribute to Mother Nature


Isn't it cold?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last in the snow,
You blowing cold air.
Send in the penguins.

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps blizzards around,
One who can't move.
Where are the penguins?
Send in the penguins.

Just when I'd stopped
going to the beach,
Finally knowing
The one that I wanted was your minus 50 degrees,
Making my entrance again
Without any hot air,
Sure of my lines,
No snow birds are here.

Don't you love cold?
My fault, I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want -
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the penguins?
There ought to be penguins.
Quick, send in the penguins.

What a surprise.
Who could foresee
I'd come to feel about you
What you'd felt about me?
Why only now when i see
That you'd throw snow balls at me?
What a surprise.
What a big freeze.
Ma Nature, you tease.

Isn't it cold?
Isn't it queer?
Losing my mittens this late
In my career?
And where are the penguins?
Quick, send in the penguins.
Don't bother - they're here.
Oh Summer, come here!

No comments: