Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Your Most Powerful Advocate

My wife and I sharing a mountain-top experience near Julian, California.

How many times in your life have you enjoyed a mountain-top experience so powerful it took your breath away?  My first experience was racing down Mulligan mountain in Prescott, Arizona on a family vacation.  My younger cousin led the dual by a single stride.  I was behind him gasping for air, pushing myself to my limits.  My upper body stretched ahead of my legs in a failed attempt to pass him at the finish line and I tumbled.  Breath-taking?  Oh yes! 

I found myself gasping for air once again while ascending the Grand Canyon with my buddies from work.  The view at the top was worth all the aches and pains, even the Montezuma's Revenge.  Once we completed our hike, we believed we could accomplish anything.  Several of these men became my business partners.

The photo above is extra special because my wife accompanied me.  For twenty-four years, we have been on a non-stop adventure with a myriad of peaks and valleys.  She is my number one advocate on earth and she always takes my breath away.

My favorite mountain-top experience didn't happen on top of a mountain.  I was sitting inside a church.  My pastor placed his hands on my head using an ancient ritual which invokes the Holy Spirit.  It was the climax of a three-day retreat.  Some people claimed nothing happened.  Others saw brilliant colors.  I saw a vision of my enemies.  There was a bright figure standing to my right.  My enemies were in a line facing me.  It was a very long line.  I was at peace.  I was thanking whoever was standing next to me for all the people in my life.  When I opened my eyes, the church was nearly empty.  I felt like I was floating on the clouds.  My most powerful Advocate, the One who moves mountains and who takes my breath away, gave me the best mountain-top experience ever.  I found my most powerful advocate.  Without saying one word, He changed me.  I no longer hate my enemies; I see the good in them and I understand why they are in my life.

This same Spirit that gave me my new life is available for you.  If you ask Him to meet you, He will come to you no matter where you are -- on a peak or in the deepest valley.  He doesn't care where you live, what church you attend, or even if you happen to be a non-believer.  He cares about you.  He is ready to be your most powerful advocate.  Are you ready?  Please leave a comment about your experience.

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. ~ Jeremiah 33:3

No comments: