Monday, August 26, 2013

How Do You Measure Your Blessings?


One of the most treasured blessings in my life measures 5 feet, four inches tall.  Three more blessings initially weighed in at six pounds, 14 ounces; six pounds, 12 ounces and six pounds, eight ounces.  Other blessings are intangible and impossible to measure.  To the untrained eye, these types of blessings look more like storms or are disguised as wildfires.  Here are some examples of blessings I failed to properly categorize:
  1. Unemployment.
  2. Short sale of my home.
  3. Loss of A+ credit rating.
  4. Investment losses.
  5. Countless earthquakes, two wildfires, several blizzards and tornadic winds.
"How can these be blessings?" you ask.  Just as storms leave us with brilliant rainbows in the aftermath or as wildfires inspire new life to spring forth from the ashes,  I feel like a new person today.  I have a greater appreciation for my family, my friends and my faith.  I found tranquility.  I discovered that I can be happy in all circumstances.  Here's the best blessing of all:  I am now a fearless follower of Jesus Christ.  I believe He is with me always.  And my prayer for you today is that your blessings are so enormous your scale breaks.

Please share how you measure the blessings in your life.  Have a great day.

No comments: