Sunday, August 4, 2013

What is the Unknown X in Your Life?


We all have unknown variables in our lives.  I remember my high school algebra teacher explaining, "all you have to do is isolate the x and you will solve the equation."

Here is a question I never asked Mr. Wessel:  "What is the meaning of life?"

I know what you're thinking.  Oh no, a math problem.  I'm outta here.

Relax.  I'm the guy in my family who is two standard deviations to the left of all the valedictorians.  I like to keep things simple, especially when it comes to helping you solve for the unknown x in your life.

Are you still with me?

Before we proceed, please allow me to share an important disclaimer:  I don't have all the answers.  My world is often filled with a great deal of clutter.  I've been on a mission these last few years to simplify my life.  I'm getting closer and closer to the unknown X but I still have a long way to go.

Since the beginning of time, our ancestors have been asking the same questions.  The entire Old Testament foretells of a solution.  In the New Testament, the unknown X is revealed to a chosen group.  "This is not the solution we are seeking," said everyone but the misfits.

There are a lot of people in my family who agree with me when I say, "anyone who can turn water into wine is worth getting to know."

Unfortunately, the world was not ready for the new math.  Rather than embrace the solution, they rejected it.  The unknown X was crucified.  On the third day, everything changed.  He rose from the dead.  Forty days later, He disappeared.  Ten days after that, the winds started blowing.  Followers suddenly understood.  The unknown X became known.

What is the unknown X in your life?  Maybe the follow-up question is:  who is the unknown X in your life?  If you want the answer to be revealed to you, all you have to do is ask.  Go ahead.  Give it a try.  Let me know when you discover the unknown X in your life.  Your comments are appreciated.

No comments: