Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Is Your Best Enough?



At the end of each day, I ask myself, did I give my best today?

If the answer to the question is yes, there is no reason to beat yourself up, even if the outcome is less than you hoped for.  This is something I struggle with because I'm a results person.  The challenge is to remember that you have more information at the end of your day than you did at the beginning.  You are actually one day smarter because you have new feedback to help you make better choices tomorrow when you begin your day.

Here is a great question to ask yourself at the end of the day:

What did I learn today that will help me improve my performance tomorrow?

Any kind of feedback you get will help you improve.  Some days have more strikeouts.  These days give you the negative feedback you need to get more hits.  We all like the home runs but sometimes the opponents we face don't give us that satisfaction.  Thank those pitchers.  They're helping you to get better.  And don't forget to pat yourself on the back for giving it your best.

Do you believe your best is enough?  What do you do to stay motivated when you feel like you're in a slump?  Please add your comments below.

No comments: