Saturday, August 10, 2013

Get Twisted Like a Pretzel

Those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength. ~ Isaiah 40:31




Are you looking for a way to get over your trust issues?  The solution is rather simple.  Think of yourself twisted to God like a pretzel.  The definition of trust in Hebrew is "to attach oneself."  The word is important enough that it's mentioned 134 times in the King James version of the Bible.

There was a time not long ago in my life when my own pretzel looked more like a single broken pretzel stick rather than the picture above.  I had serious trust issues.  My choice to become a writer comes from a single word I found in an ancient text, God's word.  The word does not show up in the modern translations.  Bible readers struggle to understand the meaning of verses because words have different meanings in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.  There is no single one way to translate words from ancient texts.  The word I discovered is "publish."  For me, the word was a request from God.  I sensed God was asking me to share my experience of being "twisted to Him like a pretzel" to help others trust Him.

You don't have to find God.  He's already looking for you.  He can reshape your broken pretzel stick into something marvelous.  Give it a try.  Don't forget to publish your results.  Leave your comment below.  Share your pretzel experience with the world.

No comments: