Saturday, August 17, 2013

Crank Up Your Dazzle

Dazzle:  To amaze, overwhelm, or bewilder with spectacular display.


I shot the photo above on my way to my day job.  When I got home at the end of the day, I tinkered with the features on my cell phone to magnify the intensity level of the clouds.  The border was the icing on the cake.  My wife looked at the photo and said, "Wow, it looks like a post card."  The difference between dazzle and fizzle has to do with how much you apply your own creativity.  Here are three ideas to help you with your dazzle-o-meter:
  1. Practice, practice, practice.
  2. See the beauty that is all around you and use it to ignite your senses.
  3. "Play the sunset" -- click on the YouTube video below for instructions.
In Mr. Holland's Opus, Richard Dryfus teaches his student that music is more than notes on a page.  I recommend you watch the movie for the rest of the story.  The shy clarinet student featured in the video learned to shine because she discovered her inner dazzle and found a way to share it with others.

What part of your life are you planning to crank up with dazzle?  Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.

No comments: