Monday, October 8, 2012

Why Vulnerability is a Gift


 I bet you don't like it when you feel like an onion that is being peeled away one layer at a time.  Perhaps this is the reason I resented seeing myself as the naked caveman in the mirror the first time I asked the Holy Spirit to show me who I am in God's eyes.  The truth is, vulnerability is a gift -- an opportunity to knock down all the walls and show your heart to others.

When someone you love is attempting to peel away your layers of protection, they are seeking to get to know you.  You have two choices:  leave the layers up or become vulnerable and allow them to peel away.  Here's what you gain if you choose vulnerability:
  1. Real relationships.
  2. True friends.
  3. A fulfilled life.
  4. Spiritual awakening.
  5. Love.
Here's a bonus on today's topic presented by Brené Brown Ph.D., LMSW,  a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work:

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/lang/en//id/1042

No comments: