- Expect Chaos to knock on your front door anytime.
- Tell yourself you will learn to turn on a dime. This is the best way to deal with Chaos.
- Treat chaos as if he is your best friend and embrace him every time he visits.
- Understand how much Chaos can teach you. You will advance faster than the people around you who try to hide from chaos or who resist him.
- Don't be afraid of Chaos. It's normal for him to visit when you least expect him. When you stop fearing him and decide you will always be ready no matter when he visits you, you will learn to be flexible.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
How to Prepare for Chaos
There is one statement I wish I could hear less in the workplace -- "that's the way it's always done." This kind of stagnant thinking prevents new ideas and growth. I prefer to hear, "is there a better way to accomplish this goal?" This is also true for families. Most people don't like change. I embrace it and prepare for it. The nickname for change is Chaos. When he knocks on the door, I'm the first one to answer and invite him in, no matter what time it is. Here are some pointers to help you prepare for Chaos when he calls on you: