What do you do when you approach the point of no return -- the point where it's no longer possible to go back? Your answer is dependent on your belief system handed down by the generations who came before you. They came to America in search of a better life. You are the product of the choices they made. You have that same gumption inside you your ancestors had. Will you dare to boldly cross the point of no return?
I admit I applied the brakes once my point of no return approached on the highway of life. The luxuries of my past lured me to look in the rear view mirror. I prayed God would send me a U-turn sign. Instead, He sent hazardous signs pointing to a road less traveled. I put my foot on the accelerator and told my family to buckle their seat belts. The highway I'm on now is unfamiliar. I wear a heavy coat a friend gave me before I said goodbye to my old life. Here are some things I discovered on the other side of the point of no return:
- The real adventure begins when you decide to get out of your comfort zone.
- You miss out on new opportunities if your eyes are fixated on the rear view mirror.
- Pioneers don't lag at the back of the line.
- Mediocrity does not live on the other side of the point of no return.
- Once you pass the point of no return, you won't find any traffic jams.