Saturday, October 27, 2012

Life in the Frozen Tundra

If polar bears lived in my neighborhood, they would be dancing in my backyard this time of year.  We are eagerly awaiting our first snow storm.  My California friends are wondering how I will handle the frozen tundra this Winter.  Even though the weather in the Midwest is very different from Southern California, my life is not much different.  Here are some activities on my agenda for the next several months:
  1. Indoor tennis at the University of Iowa.
  2. Indoor racquetball at the local fitness center.
  3. Family bowling.
  4. Front row seats to support my youngest son's high school wrestling team.
  5. Hours and hours of writing in front of the fireplace to meet my deadline for The Caveman in the Mirror. 
Don't let the environment slow you down.  Throw away all your excuses and live your life to its fullest, even if you find yourself in the frozen tundra.

No comments: