Wednesday, October 17, 2012

How to Get Up After a Fall


Show me someone who has never been knocked down and I'll show you someone who is unprepared for life's punches.  I love being in the arena.  I no longer fear getting knocked down.  Every time my opponent strikes a blow, I get the opportunity to develop a counter-punch.  Here are some thoughts about how to get up after a fall:
  1. Understand that if you don't get up, the game is over.  As long as you are willing to keep fighting, you have an opportunity.
  2. A wise fighter in the game of life learns from every punch.  Be thankful for every hit, it will make you a better fighter in the later rounds.
  3. Team up with a life coach who knows how to get up after each fall.  He will teach you how to read your opponent and anticipate his moves.  Above all else, he will teach you to never throw in the towel.
  4. Develop the attitude of a champion and expect to win.  The more experience you gain, the better you will get at avoiding punches.  Learn how to protect yourself.
  5. Stop worrying about how many times you fall.  Babies don't focus on falling down -- they pursue standing up and walking.  Imagine what your life would be like if one day you told yourself, I'm tired of falling down, I think I'll just crawl for the rest of my life.  You are tougher than your opponent and you are designed to win.
Falling down is part of the process of becoming a champion at getting back on your feet.  Life is inviting you into the arena.  It won't be easy.  It will be rewarding.  You will find yourself on the mat often.  Don't get comfortable there.  That's not where you belong.

No comments: