Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Out of the Comfort Zone

There is something safe about daily routines.  For me, the highlights are the Wednesday night tennis sessions and the weekend practices.  This week, everything changes.  I am on the road again, helping out with our Las Vegas Zoom Autos Magazine.  It's a sacrifice to give up my tennis when I'm on the road, however, my partners need me to get this city on track.

Is there something in your life you are avoiding because it's outside your comfort zone?  What rewards are you missing out on because you refuse to stretch yourself?  Are you afraid to fail?

Think back to your childhood when you climbed on a bike for the first time without training wheels.  Remember those falls?  Did you give up?  What about the first time you ventured into the deep end in the swimming pool?  Was it scary?

I believe daily routines are important.  Don't forget to add something to your schedule that will challenge you to grow.  There are no rewards without risk.  Go ahead, take a chance.  If you happen to fall, recognize it's just part of the process.  Get back up, dust yourself off, and try again.  Don't stop until you cross the finish line.  You can do it.

No comments: