Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Library Opens in Ramona

Yesterday, I stopped in at the new library in my hometown inquiring about a book signing event.  What an amazing spectacle!  The 19,400 square foot building was full of people using computers to do online research and volunteers guiding visitors.  It will be the perfect location for my first author signing.  My writers group will sit with me and autograph copies of their work.

My calendar is filling up due to the League Tennis Championships on April 9th and the Las Vegas WTT Tennis Invitational April 29th through May 1st.  The best day for me to be available for the book signing is Saturday, April 16th at 9:00 am.  If the library cannot host on that day, I will select an alternate site as I want to get this book out to my Angels in the outfield as soon as possible. My proof copy arrives tomorrow, the final step in the order process.  Once I sign off on the proof, I will be ordering the books for the book signing.

Here is a picture of the new library, my first choice for the venue.  I salute my friend, Joan Gansert, for leading the team that raised over $1 million dollars in private funds and persuaded the county to allocate another $11.6 million for this awesome edifice.  The timing couldn't be better for my book signing, as the library, located at 1275 Main St, just opened on February 8th.



Ramona library now open. If all goes well, this will be the site for my first book signing.


No comments: