Saturday, March 26, 2011

The First Review of My Book

One of the Angels in the Outfield requested a proof copy for review.  Outside of my family and members of the critique group, she was the first person to read my memoir, cover to cover.  I'm delighted to report positive feedback and look forward to passing out autographed copies at the book signing event on April 16th.

I must admit that when "Mamma Mulligan" gave her nod of approval, I felt relieved.  Parents are great at encouraging their children, making them feel like they can conquer the world.  I needed to have someone outside the family share their thoughts on this book to get an untainted opinion.

The review that will count most is yours.  If you are in a situation where a loved one is terminally ill or if you have ever lost someone close to you, my hope is that our family experiences will help you deal with all the emotions you are feeling.  My father had a way of touching lives, especially in his final days.  May this memoir leave you with a feeling that no matter how difficult life may be, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: