Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Love

Valentine's Day is fast approaching. Restaurants will be overcrowded, flowers overpriced and most couples will only celebrate their love for each other for one day. This is the main reason why so many marriages fail. We let our challenges and other priorities get in the way and we fail to show our love the other 364 days of the year.

I am so guilty of being one of "those" people. I procrastinated until the last minute to pick out a Valentine's card for many years. It is amazing just how many of us men will wait until the last minute to get ready for Valentine's Day.

For me, the best way I can express my love for my wife is to look in the mirror and see my weaknesses and then resolve to change for the better. I never want my wife to feel short-changed.

I promised my wife that she would get a love letter from me every day until the day I die. It is not easy for men to express themselves but it is necessary if a relationship is going to grow to its potential.

The biggest lesson that I have learned about love is that it is a reflection of our Creator. Do not take love for granted. Become unselfish and resolve to show your love for your spouse every day and not just on special occasions. Our Creator thought of the two of you long before you ever existed and your union is sacred. If you are single, He will one day reveal someone very special for you to love. When you discover this emotion, you will get a glimpse of just what is waiting for you in Heaven when you meet the One who knows every hair on your head and loves you perfectly.

May you experience deep love, not just on Valentine's Day, but every day.

No comments: