Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Love of My Life

"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"- Alfred Lord Tennyson

In the spirit of Valentine's weekend, I would like to share a few things about the love of my life. In the "Ferris wheel of life", we are sometimes going up and sometimes going down. Whether we are on top of the world, or facing challenges at low points, my wife is always there, holding my hand and encouraging me.

One of my wife's greatest qualities is her selflessness. On Mother's Day, she is the queen of the castle and we grant her anything she wishes. She usually asks to take the family to an amusement park (our kids are so lucky) and we spend the day creating new memories. One time she noticed a giant ride that resembled a Ferris wheel, but you could seat the whole family in a row. We buckled in and soon we flipped upside down. My wife screamed. I will never forget that precious moment.

Yesterday, KLove radio announced the grand prize winner. She was picked among 5,000 entries and the songwriter, Matthew West, wrote a song about the love this special couple have for each other entitled, "Hold You Up". If you visit www.Klove.com, you can hear the interview with the winner and hear Matthew sing this beautiful love song.

As I listened to this song for the first time, I thought of the love of my life. We have not faced anything like the thirty three surgeries Ann and Jim endured in their twenty years of marriage, but we have had some days where we have been at the bottom of the Ferris wheel.

I thank God every day for my wife. I don't care where I am on the Ferris wheel as long as my wife is sitting next to me, even if she is upside down and screaming. I can face anything in life knowing that she is at my side. If she ever gets called up before it is my time to meet my Creator, then I will turn to Him to hold me up.

Enjoy your Valentine's weekend and make sure to listen to Matthew's new song while you are holding your lover's hand.

No comments: