Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

1 Corinthians 13-
4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

This is the most romantic day of the year. We have been Blessed with a picture perfect day and plan to spend the morning at the beach with our children. There is no place I would rather be on Valentine's Day than at the beach, holding my wife's hand and walking with her as we share memories while creating new ones.

I am not afraid to show my children just how madly in love I am with their mother. It is my hope that they one day discover just how special love is. I want their bar of expectation to be set really high so that they do not settle for anything less than what God has planned for them.

The biggest lesson I have learned about love is that it is not about taking but about giving. No matter how rich or poor we are, we have the ability to give our love. Love cannot be bought or sold. It has no price tag. Share your love and may the love you give come back to you and fill your world with joy.

No comments: