Sunday, June 16, 2024

The Joy of Fatherhood

Happy Father's Day to all the dads in this world.  I tip my hat to my father in Heaven.  Although it's been more than a decade since fatherhood was a primary role for me, my adult children often share memories from their childhood that bring a smile to my face.  Yes, fatherhood is something I will relish all the days of my life.

On this day, I reflect back to my dad's final days on earth twenty-two years ago.  Shortly before his departure he left a parting gift that I use practically every day, sometimes twice in the same day – a weber barbecue grill.  In his honor, I'm going to follow his "world-famous" burger recipe for our family barbecue tonight.  The secret ingredient happens to be green chiles.  Mom reminded me of this when we were sharing stories on one of her visits to Iowa.  Happy Father's Day.  Have a great day.

No comments: