Monday, June 17, 2024

Accidental Food Hack for Your Barbecued Burgers

 My Father's Day family barbecue took a couple of strange twists yesterday.  High winds blew out my flames.  I thought the problem was the propane tank being nearly empty so I made a propane run.  Well, all the other dads had the same idea.  All the tanks at the store were empty.  I returned home and tried again to  get the weber fired up with my nearly empty propane tank.  It worked.  I was anxious to try my wife's idea – diced green chiles inside the patties.  Green chiles were one of my dad's secret ingredients in his 'world famous' burgers but his style was to place the chiles on top of the burgers.  Since the store was out of whole chiles, my wife called an audible and made the substitute with the diced version.  All I can say is this accidental food hack was amazing.  These burgers were a big hit.  The time delay was enough to cool the temps and allow outdoor eating on our new deck.  I'm thankful we were able to honor my dad's memory with the green chiles.  Give this food hack a try the next time you barbecue.  Have a great day.

No comments: