Thursday, June 20, 2024

Are You Getting Enough REM Sleep?

 Your mental recovery is linked to the amount of REM sleep you get every night.  I have been logging this since November, 2023.  In my opinion, I need this now more than ever due to where I am on the aging scale.  My best days seem to follow a great night of REM sleep.  Sleep experts will tell your REM sleep aids in mental recovery.  If you need help with learning, memory, and mental health, try getting more REM sleep.

I recommend measuring your sleep.  There is no way you can tell your brain, "Give me more REM tonight."  It doesn't work that way.  What you do have control of is when you go to bed and when you wake up.  In my opinion, if you can wean yourself from alarm clocks you will avoid a possible disruption in your REM cycle as your body prefers to wake up after this cycle ends.   Get consistent with this and my bet is you will see your REM sleep improve.  Have a great day.

No comments: